People often ask what is a healthy lifestyle? Healthy living or lifestyle to most people means physical and mental health or both are in balance or functioning well together in a person.
In many instances, physical and mental health are closely linked, so that a change (good or bad) in one directly affects the other. Mostly healthy living is usually defined by five areas:
• Healthy diet, which calculate and rate based on the reported intake of healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, healthy fats, and omega-3 fatty acids, and unhealthy foods like red and processed meats, sugar-sweetened beverages, trans fat, and sodium.
• Healthy physical activity level, which measure as at least 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous activity daily.
• Healthy body weight, defined as a normal body mass index (BMI), which is between 18.5 and 24.9.
• Live without smoking or avoid tobacco use.
• Moderate alcohol intake, which was measured as between 5 and 15 grams per day for women, and 5 to 30 grams per day for men.