People often ask what is a healthy lifestyle? Healthy living or lifestyle to most people means physical and mental health or both are in balance or functioning well together in a person.
In many instances, physical and mental health are closely linked, so that a change (good or bad) in one directly affects the other. Mostly healthy living is usually defined by five areas:
1. Healthy diet, which calculate and rate based on the reported intake of healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, healthy fats, and omega-3 fatty acids, and unhealthy foods like red and processed meats, sugar-sweetened beverages, trans fat, and sodium.
2. Healthy physical activity level, which measure as at least 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous activity daily.
3. Healthy body weight, defined as a normal body mass index (BMI), which is between 18.5 and 24.9.
4. Live without smoking or avoid tobacco use.
5. Moderate alcohol intake, which was measured as between 5 and 15 grams per day for women, and 5 to 30 grams per day for men.